Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

With flowers in her hair.

Because I’m considering this an “everything blog”, figuring out how or where to start has been somewhat of a challenge. So I decided to just jump in with what’s going on right now!

If there’s something to know about me and J (my husband) it's that we love to travel.  When J decided to leave the law and take three weeks off in between leaving one job and starting the other, he decided with my permission encouragement to rent a car and drive to San Francisco, California from Louisville. Though I’ll highlight his adventure at some point, the perk for me here – a trip for me to the Goldengate City!

I flew out to meet him at the end of his journey. It was a fantastic weekend spent with our lovely hosts, some friends of J’s from Law school. We ate our way through San Fran, saw many of the touristy-sights, and just spent time enjoying this lovely city. Here’s my top 5 from the weekend.

The Ferry Building Marketplace
I could’ve spent a day in here trying all the food and browsing the shops. We bought truffle honey and truffle salt and can’t wait to share some recipes using them.


Foreign Cinema restaurant
In the super-hipster part of town; The atmosphere was great and the food beyond fantastic.

A day in Napa.
We went to the Castello di Amarosa (castle of Love) winery (if you know my husband, you know this was the obvious and only choice), and did a tour and reserve tasting. I practiced some self control and only bought a case of 6 bottles.

Bi-rite Creamery.
I’ll definitely be testing and sharing my way through their cookbook with their original and decadent flavors like lavender honey, salted caramel, and brown sugar with caramel ginger swirl.

Sunset walk on the beach.


It was a beautiful weekend with beautiful friends. Definitely, memories on the vine.

1 comment:

  1. So glad y'all had such a wonderful time. Trips together are always the best!

    ReplyDelete