Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

DIY: Gilded Vase



I've been feeling a bit crafty lately.

And with summer in full bloom, what better to tackle then a gilded vase!

I was inspired by a Pintrest pin, the lovely flowers i saw at whole foods, and the recent glassware sale at hobby lobby (50% off, yes please).

You'll need:
A good gold metallic spray paint
Painters tape
and cheap glassware (the round one above was 5.99 +50% off)


 I taped various designs, some worked out, some not so much. I eyed it with all my designs. It doesn't have to be perfect- but considering- they turned out pretty darn even.


My fav metallic spray paint.


after two coats, I allowed everything to dry for about 3 hours. Then, carefully peeled away the tape. 
[This is where one of them got a bit botched]. 

Also, take care while spraying to avoid getting specks inside the glassware. I had a few stray specks which i was able to scrub out with warm water and a scouring pad. 

Overall, I am super pleased with the results! The pop of gold and bright colored blooms on the coffee table is a summer delight. 


1 comment: